Product INN: Phenibutum
Deva: 250 mg tablets
Product ATC Code: N06BX
Noofen® is a medicine, which decreases anxiety, agitation and fear; improves insomnia; extends nystagmus (quick, rythmic eye-bulbe’s movement) hidden period and decreases nystagmus duration and manifestation. Noofen® diminishes also asthenia (physical and psychic weakness, general feebleness) manifestation and symptoms including headache, feeling of hardness in the head, sleeping disorders, irritation, emotional lability (instability). Noofen® increases mental activity. Attention, memory, speed of reaction and accuracy are improved under the effect of the medicine. In patients with asthenia and emotional lability Noofen® improves the way one’s feel, increases interest and initiative, activity motivation not causing unnecessary calming effect or excitement.
Product Therapeutic Indications
Noofen® is used:
- asthenic and anxious-neurotic states (anxiety, agitation and fear); elderly – treatment of insomnia and night anxiety; prophylaxis of stress before surgery.
- for children – stuttering and ticks treatment.
- treatment of Meniere's disease (inner ear disorder) or dizziness related to dysfunction of vestibular apparatus of different origin.
- prophylaxis of kinetosis (specific state characterized by nausea, vomiting, prostration and vestibular disorders caused by unaccustomed motion, e.g. travelling by ship or airplane).
- an aid in alcoholism treatment to prevent cases of abstinence syndrome (withdrawal of alcohol).
Noofen® tablets are administered orally after meals with water.
Asthenic and anxious-neurotic states: adults – 250-500 mg 3 times daily. Maximum single dose -750 mg, for patients over 60 years – 500 mg. The course of treatment - 2-3 weeks. If necessary, the course of treatment can be prolonged till 4-6 weeks.
Children: till 8 years - a single dose is 125 mg, 8 till 14 years - 250 mg 3 times daily. The doctor indicates the treatment period.
Meniere's disease and dizziness related to dysfunction of vestibular apparatus of different origin: in case of dysfunction of vestibular apparatus of infectious origin and during exacerbation of Meniere's disease – 750 mg 3 times per day during 5-7 days, to decrease vestibular disturbances– 250 mg – 500 mg 3 times per day during 5-7 days, then – 250 mg a day for 5 days more. In case of mild state of disease – 250 mg twice per day during 5-7 days, then 250 mg one per day during 7-10 days. To prevent dizziness caused by dysfunction of vestibular apparatus of vascular and traumatic origin – 250 mg 3 times per day during 12 days.
Prophylaxis of kinetosis: 250-500 mg one hour before expected sway or at the first symptoms of kinetosis (ex. nausea). In case of expressed symptoms (vomiting etc.) the use of the drug is less effective.
An aid to prevent alcohol abstinence syndrome: during the first days – 250-500 mg 3 times per day and 750 mg at bedtime; then a dose is gradually decreased.
Taking medicines without a medical reason is harmful for your health